Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Project Planz

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple4/v4/e2/a6/70/e2a6709a-a66d-71f7-4fda-c10ec78f1236/LogicProX.png


For this project in music technology I plan to create 4 to 5 original songs using Logic Pro X.  I hope to do a bit of recording but I plan on mainly working only with the tools provided in Logic.  I hope that this project will help me get a better understanding of music and technology.  I hope that by the end of this project I will be able to use Logic more precisely.  Some of the key skills I will be using to create this project are using technology, recording, and thinking creatively.  I hope to develop these skills throughout the course of this project.


Driving Question:
How do I use logic to create original pieces of music?


Plan the Assessment:
-Step 1: Define the Products for the project.  What will you assess?
  • Early in the project I will be learning how to use Logic Pro X to create music.  I must spend a good amount of time researching how to use Logic and I have to make sure that I learn to use everything properly.
  • During the project I will be creating the songs.  For each song I must spend a good amount of time creating and fleshing out the ideas for the song.  I must also make sure that these ideas are creative and original.
  • Towards the end of the project I will be editing and revising the song.  I have to make sure to spend the proper time editing the song to make it sound good.  I also have  to use the Logic tools properly in order to make sure the song is edited well.
-Step 2: State the Criteria for exemplary performance for each product.  
      Product: Music Creation with software instruments
      Criteria: With the beat, creative, interesting.


      Product: Recording
      Criteria: Sounds good, properly done


      Product: Editing
      Criteria: Quantized properly, does not have mistakes


Map the Project
Skills and Knowledge Needed for this Project:
  • Logic Pro X: For this project I need to have a general understanding of Logic.  Previous to the project I spent a bit of time learning how to use Logic but throughout the course of the project I will have to refine my skills with using Logic.
  • Recording Skills: Also, I hope to do a little bit of recording throughout the project. At the beginning of the Music Tech class we learned a little bit about recording and about microphones but during the project I will need to spend time to learn how to record better.
  • Editing Skills: While, I need to be able to understand and use Logic in general, I will also need to be able to use Logic in order to edit my songs.  During the project I will need to learn more about how to edit songs properly and how to use the proper tools in Logic.


Throughout the project I will use this blog as a journal in order to share my ideas as well as to organize them.


Key Dates and Important Milestones:


Week 10/28/13: Begin working on creating first song.  Spend extra time researching how to use logic properly.
Week 11/4/13: Continue working on first song.
Week 11/11/13: Wrap up the first song, try to finish it by the end of the week.
Week 11/18/13: Start working on second song.
Week 11/25/13: Continue working on second song.
Week 12/2/13: Wrap up the second song, attempt to finish by the end of the week.
Week 12/9/13: Start working on third song.
Week 12/16/13: Continue working on third song.
Week 12/23/13 Christmas! (Wrap up third song?)
Week 12/30/13 Christmas! (Wrap up third song?)
Week 1/6/14 Have 3rd song finished and begin 4th song.
Week 1/13/14 Continue working on 4th song.
Week 1/20/14 Finish 4th song and make final touches on other songs.
http://images.apple.com/logic-pro/images/index_hero_gallery_intro.png

No comments:

Post a Comment